OK – I’m new to Facebook and now I’m supposed to learn about Twitter (I’m already behind) but I’ll keep trying and learning. Luckily Pastor Jerry keeps pushing me in these areas!
So – I got “tagged” recently on Facebook. I’m supposed to write 25 things about myself which I wasn’t sure about doing, but then decided – this could be interesting to see what comes to mind first. So I fulfilled my “tag” – at least I think I did and thought if I’m going to put those things on FB, I ought to list them here. So here are 25 things that came to my mind first…..
- I’m still learning what it means to love and follow Jesus
- I’ve been married to Janet (my hot mama) for nearly 32 years
- I like to chase Janet around the house – the empty nest has it’s privileges!
- I’m mega proud of my kids and the stands they continue to make for Christ; I’m pumped they choose to walk in the truth and serve in the church
- I am blown away by what God is doing in and through the Grace Fellowship Family
- I’m humbled and blessed to be a part of what God is doing at GFC
- I love the opportunity to be creative and do things “out of the box”
- I’m learning how to take bigger God risks
- I’ve learned much about God’s love and grace during the most difficult times of my life
- My favorite book other than the Bible right now is “In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day.”
- The best quiet times I’ve had in years took place over a recent 18 month period as I slowed down and concentrated strictly on the Words In Red – reading just a verse or two for the day – really trying to understand what Jesus was saying to me
- I love to hunt and fish
- I started bow hunting last year and got my first buck (a 10 point) with my bow
- I love cruising on my motorcycle.
- I’m convinced you can never out-give God
- Seeing people saved fires me up – I’ve not lost my amazement at the work of God in a person’s life and am moved at every baptism
- I know that I absolutely have no hope in this life or the life to come apart from Jesus Christ; I trust in His righteousness alone because I have none of my own
- I’m ready for grandkids – that’s a hint to my daughter and son-in-law if they happen to read this – 5 will do for starters
- I’ve been blessed to be a part of some of the greatest churches in the country and learned much from some great pastors who were willing to invest in me
- I have an amazing mother and my dad will always be one of my heroes; I have a wonderful family heritage
- I received a high school graduation gift from the President of the United States and the Governor of Texas
- I once ate supper with ZZ Top and Walter Johnson (a Baptist Music Minister at the time)! Walter was way cool and way before his time!
- My favorite mission trips have been to Guadalajara Mexico, but I’m hoping to go to Kenya in the next two years
- I don’t enjoy being around whiny, negative, critical people
- One of my greatest joys is knowing I have many students from my past who are faithfully serving God and being used around the world to build God’s Kingdom