Could blog for weeks on this passage – instead – here are some basics written to followers of Christ…
1) keep seeking things above
2) Set your mind on the things above
3) For you have died (to yourself & should live for Christ)
5) immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed have no place in you.
7) anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech have no place in your life.
9) Do not lie to one another
12) compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience should characterize your life
13) bear with one another and forgive each other
14) love should impact everything you do
15) Let the peace of Christ rule your heart – and be thankful.
16) Fill your life with the word of Christ & your heart w/ thankfulness
17) Whatever you say or do – honor Christ with your words & actions
18) Wives respect & submit to your husbands
19) Husbands, love your wives sacrificially
20) Children obey your parents
21) Fathers, don’t anger & frustrate your children
22) If you’re a servant – serve in a way that pleases God
23) Do your job as if you’re working for the Lord instead of men