This past Sunday we continued our series TRANSFORMERS and talked about the necessity of Transforming Our Physical Health. I also told you we’d try to answer the questions you submitted over the next few weeks. I am not a nutrition or fitness expert and the suggestions that follow are the result of things I’ve learned and I’ve asked for input from my trainer and friend John Robinson. Always consult with a physician before making changes to your nutritional or exercise habits. If you have some form of an eating disorder, please find a Biblically based Christian Counselor to help before making changes in your habits.
One of the questions was: HOW CAN I STRENGTHEN MY DISCIPLINE ON ACHIEVING BETTER HEALTH? John helped me with the following answers.
1. Establish the why? Why do you want to achieve better health? What does it mean to you to achieve better health?
2. Determine how it will impact you and the people around you. Take the steps to write it down.
3. Establishing structure is the foundation to discipline. Set specific days and times you will exercise and then get consistent; the determination to be consistent (no matter how you’re feeling) will help you achieve your desired outcomes and results.
4. Little steps every day will lead to victory.
5. Share your goals with people you trust and who will keep you accountable.
6. Get 8 hrs of sleep!
7. Get a nutrition coach for 30 days