Reading in James this morning during my time alone with God (Quiet Time). Here are a few bullets from what I read:
* ALL who claim to follow Christ should be slow to speak and quick to listen. 1:19
* If you just listen to God’s Word, but choose not to obey it – you’re foolish. 1:23
* If you claim to be religious, but won’t control your tongue – your religion is worthless. 1:26
* God wants us to care for orphans – widows – AND to refuse to let the world corrupt us. 1:27
* There will be no mercy for those who are unwilling to show mercy to others. 2:13
* Faith without action is useless. 2:17
BJ & Janet were married in July 1977
They have three grown children who are all married: Jeremy & Whitney Rutledge, Chris & Julie Hurst, and Josh and Hannah Rutledge. They also have five grandsons, and a granddaughter.
BJ says perhaps our greatest legacy is even though our kids are PK's, they love Jesus and are all involved in ministry in the local church.
BJ has served at churches in Dallas - Bossier City, LA - Houston - and was at Fellowship of the Woodlands (Woodlands Church) in The Woodlands before coming to Grace Fellowship.
BJ is the Legacy Pastor at Grace Fellowship Church in Paradise, TX.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink
My small group is studying the book of James. Thank you for sharing the points from your quiet time this morning. I have found James to be practical, in your face and convicting. I am truly enjoying the simplicity of his teaching. One particular verse that sticks in my head is James 3:9-10 – 9)”With our tongue we can praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10) Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. Brothers this should not be.”
Be blessed today.